Caramel Apple FiTONIC Fit Oatmeal
Oh. My. Gosh. But this recipe. For real. If recipes came with a "Must Try" button, I would be buzzing that button over and over.
It was all casual in the kitchen...until this happened. It all started the with fact that it is Fall. So apples. I mean, no sunny Fall day reaches a perfect peak without an orchard in the narrative. Insert trip to our favorite orchard. Insert leaving with all the apples we can carry. But what I did not leave with was one of the orchard's delicious looking caramel apples. It's not that I didn't want one. They looked ah-mazing, but I had an idea of how I could create a better-for-you "caramel apple" packed with protein. I figured if the recipe was a total miss, I could always come back for the sugar-spiked version. But if I COULD make a healthier option, I could enjoy it throughout the Fall, without coming off my fitness goals.
This recipe delivers the yummy sweet and salty flavor of a nut-dipped caramel apple. However, this recipe also delivers more than 20 g of protein with a fraction of the sugar. It will leave you full, and with the carbs from the oats and FiTONIC Fit's Guayusa (that is much like an milder-tasting yerba mate), you will have clean energy to start your day.
Here is the super delicious Caramel Apple FiTONIC Fit Protein Oatmeal! Enjoy! xoxo - Sara Grey
- 1/3 c. instant oats
- 2/3 c. water
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1 scoop FiTONIC Fit Protein Powder in Natural Vanilla & Sweet Lucuma
- 1 tsp. caramel syrup (we used Walden Farms sugar-free syrup)
- 1/4 chopped green apple
- chopped walnuts for topping (optional)
- Mix oats, water, and salt.
- Cook oats on stove top or microwave per directions on oats (we microwaved ours for 1 minute)
- While still hot, quickly mix in FiTONIC Fit Protein Powder and caramel syrup. If you wait until the oatmeal cools, they won't mix well.
- Top with chopped green apple and walnuts
Copyright © FiTONIC, 2019. All rights reserved.