Do you struggle in your dating life or your marriage? Is there a way for unhealthy relationships to help us grow and step into a good place? Often times we ignore the real issues going on and project them on others, but there is a way to deal with it properly and be truly strong and vulnerable at the same time. In today’s episode, we sit down with therapist and author Brooke Sprowl for an engaging conversation where we even talk about why you should date emotionally unavailable men.
Brooke Sprowl created LA therapy, a practice that helps others overcome relationship issues through getting to the root problems. She believes in taking a very active role in her therapy sessions to prevent destructive behavior and thought patterns from taking control. She also firmly believes that we have to love ourselves and that must come from a free place, not based on any conditions or expectations. In this interview, she helps us uncover things we are doing to self-sabotage ourselves in our relationships.
- Do men become emotionally unavailable because of rejection?
- Are relationships about power and control?
- What is the right way to fight in a relationship?
- How do we avoid ‘using’ people.
- Why are women turned off by nice guys?
- Dealing with codependency.
- Dating emotionally unavailable men.
- How our attachment issues develop.
- How power struggles affect our relationships.
- How we avoid ‘using’ people.
Quotes from the show:
- “Never ask your partner to be your everything.” @mylatherapy @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “Relationship involves a lot of looking at your own flaws.” @mylatherapy @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “Own your own stuff.” @mylatherapy @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “If we could choose happiness, we would.” @mylatherapy @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “You have to regulate your anxiety.” @mylatherapy @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “The fight is never about the thing you think the fight is about.” @mylatherapy @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
How you can stay in touch with Brooke Sprowl:
How you can stay in touch with Power The Hustle Podcast: