Do you struggle with getting a good night’s sleep? Many of us KNOW that sleep is important but with our crazy schedules and never-ending ‘to do’ lists it is difficult to get into a routine of going to bed and getting up at the same time every morning. Nancy Rothstein, also known as the “sleep ambassador”, joins us today to discuss this very important topic and helps provide insight on not only how we can get MORE sleep but get BETTER sleep.
An interesting point made by Nancy was that we spend one-third of our lives sleeping, however, most of us have not been properly educated on what sleep actually IS and why it is so important to our health. Most of us, myself included, have a habit of staring at a screen all the way up until bedtime and it is difficult to turn our minds off and fall into a deep, uninterrupted night of sleep. We also talk about the role sleep has on our fitness, the proper way to breathe, and how we can avoid that snooze button! I learned so much in this episode and feel challenged to make my own sleep a priority and I hope you will join me!
Questions I asked:
- How many hours should we be sleeping at night?
- Is sleep apnea connected to insomnia?
- What is the connection between sleep and fitness?
- The myth that if you are not sleeping you are not working hard enough.
- Tips to overcome insomnia.
- What happens in your brain when you use screens before bed.
Quotes from the show:
- “There is an ROI for sleep.”@PowerHustle @SleepAmbassador Click to Tweet
- “Our biology isn’t changing but our behaviors are.” @PowerHustle @SleepAmbassador Click to Tweet
How you can stay in touch with Nancy:
How you can stay in touch with Power The Hustle Podcast:
How you can stay in touch our sponsor site We are WANNABE: