You guys LOVE to learn about meditation. Every time we talk about it our download numbers skyrocket! However, life is busy! How do we find the time to squeeze in another ritual? How do we practice shutting off our thoughts when our thoughts seem to be going 100mph? To answer these questions, we decided to bring in an expert so we can dig in more to this topic.
Larrisa Link, the program director of The Funky Yoga Hothouse has been studying meditation for over seven years. She is super interested in figuring out how to take meditation and incorporate it into our yoga practice. She joins us today to help us demystify meditation and simplify it to where we can practice it anywhere at any time. We cover a variety of topics including the misconceptions about meditation, taking the PRESSURE off of having to “do it right”, and how to practice meditation in motion. So grab your yoga mats and tune in (no pun intended….well maybe).
Questions I asked:
- How do we get our thoughts to slow down?
- Why should we meditate? What are the benefits of it?
- How long and when should we meditate?
- One of the myths of meditation.
- Examples of different kinds of meditation.
- One of the biggest obstacles to meditation.
Quotes from the show:
- “Sometimes meditation is boring.” @LarissaLink @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “Meditation is just concentration practice.” @LarissaLink @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “The loss is not that your mindset wanders. The win is that you noticed it.” @saragrey @LarissaLink @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “We spend so much time going to the next thing and trying to avoid ourselves.” @LarissaLink @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “Just because you think a thought doesn’t mean that it's true.” @LarissaLink @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
How you can stay in touch with The Funky Buddha Hothouse:
How you can stay in touch with Power The Hustle Podcast:
How you can stay in touch our sponsor site We are WANNABE: