You may know her from her wildly popular blog, Fat Girl Running. She was named "Adventurer of the Year by National Geographic, has been featured in NBC, Runner's World, and Women’s Running Magazine (just to name a few). Mirna Valerio, also known as “The Mirnavator”, joins us today to share her journey from having anxiety attacks to running ultra marathons.
In this episode, Mirna shares with us why we should use endurance to grow physically, mentally, and spiritually. We also talk about her greatest personal highlight, what book changed her life, and the thing she does every morning to start her day off right. Mirna has a powerful story and is inspiring thousands of people to love their bodies and push through their own mental barriers.
Questions I asked Mirna:
- What was the hardest moment that you faced while running?
- What struggles did you face writing your first book?
- How can we manage our own negative self-talk?
- Her philosophy of why you should "smile more".
- Her personal mantras that she uses to push through.
- How she has handled criticism and hate mail.
Quotes from the show:
- "Everything I learn in long distance running is translated into other areas of my life." @PowerHustle @TheMirnavator Click to Tweet
- "You start where you start." @TheMirnavator @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- "We have to be our own best champions." @TheMirnavator @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- "There is so much value in just doing it. Even if you don't believe in yourself." @TheMirnavator @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
How you can stay in touch with Mirna:
How you can stay in touch with Power The Hustle Podcast:
How you can stay in touch our sponsor site We are WANNABE: